Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pooch Tales - Meet Chester

Hi Everybody (new furiends especially)! My name is Chester. I'm a 3 1/2 year old Bichon Frise, and I belong to Ma (as you know her: Kristin) who writes here at Living Graciously. What you might not know, is that I'm also a blogger! I used to have my very own blog called "Pooch Tales", but since Ma and Pa just went and got themselves so busy, Ma said that I couldn't have my own anymore, but that she'd let me write every once-in-a-while on hers.  So I guess that's the next best thing. I'm still a little miffed at her though. I'm not gonna lie.

Thought I'd start out proper-like in my new digs here, and introduce myself a bit. Let's start at the beginning, shall we? Once upon a time, I was a wee little lonely Bichie-poo. Somebody had thrown my sister and I out on the streets to fend for ourselves, but we were too little to know what to do. It was awful. But then some kind angels found us, rescued us, and put us up for adoption. That's where Ma comes in. She saw my ad online, and drove 5 hours straight away in the snow to come get me! She just knew I belonged to them. And she was right. Here's what I looked like when I was just a sprig in Tennessee:
I was a little sad because Ma and Pa couldn't take my sister, so I was missing her.
But then, one day, I grew up! I love my life here at Windy Poplars with Ma and Pa. Some say I'm spoiled. But not any more than your average adorable pooch. I also now live with my new Bichon sister Caroline (whom I call "Caroline the Crazy" - she's completely nuts). She's just a baby still, so Ma says hopefully she'll grow up to be a good pooch like me one day. Here we are together:
This was at Christmastime. I'm the one on the right.
We also have a sister of the feline variety named Autumn. She is a gray calico, and just turned 12 years old. She makes us call her "Her Majesty The Queen", and she is in charge of the whole entire house. We like to terrorize her sometimes (especially Carol), but mostly we get along swimmingly.
Caroline and I love to play! We romp around, chew bonies, and make a general fracas whenever we can. It's so fun having a sister again!
I also have a cuz-pup named Monte. He's my Aunt Amy's son. Here is our fur-family picture at Thanksgiving last year:
Monte is also my best friend. We have such fun together!
So that's about it for the basics. Thanks for visiting me today. I look forward to making lots of new furiends over here! Wondering: do you have any pooches?