Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One For The Blue Days - By: Ashley

Hello Readers! Kristin here...I know Ashley's got things covered today, but I'm just popping in to let you know that you can find me over at the Making Lemonade Blog today talking about my cleaning schedule. There is also a flashback post about our 6 course Irish Dinner over in The Kitchen today. 
Ok, those are all my PSAs now...take it away Ash:

Did you know that it's scientifically proven that
creating something makes you less stressed?
Okay, I totally made that up, but I swear it's true.


This is me grumpy.
Just home from a rougghhh day at work, and on to my endless homework.
I started to throw myself a pity party.
It lasted about 3 seconds, and then I decided I was going to make something.
So I did.

I'll pass along this delicious recipe for you to pull out in times of pity parties :)
You'll need:
1. Hot glue gun
2. Felt square
3. Fabric
4. Necklace chain
1. Cut out two 1.5 inch circles from your felt, and one 2 inch circle.
2. Use those circles as tracers to cut out A LOT of circles from your chosen fabric.
3. Lay out your felt circles, and pinch a piece of your fabric from the bottom of it. It should look like the picture above. (Here's where my tutorial pics start to slack because I literally hot glue-gunned my finger)
4. Put a drop of hot glue on the fabric, and stick it to the felt.
5.Repeat until all of your felt circles are filled...and you should end up with something like this:
6. Flip your flowers over and hot glue your necklace chain to them. Place another layer of felt over the chain so the chain is covered in the back.
AND YOU'RE DONE!

I have a new rule.
Anytime I am really grumpy, I am going to take a break and go make something.
Try it, it seriously makes you happy.