Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Decorating on the Cheap!

Lately, I've been seeing these sweet little stacks of cover-less books everywhere. Some selling for $30 or more! The thrifty me said: "Oh my goodness, I can do that!", and off to the thrift store I trotted...

For the finished product, my grand total came out to $1.50 plus tax. Nice. I found paperback books at a local thrift store for .50each and picked out three that stacked well. Then I tore off the covers and rubbed the edges lightly with a damp teabag to give it an aged look. Tied them all together with some jute that I already had, and voila! Lovely new accessory for a side table at Windy Poplars. For $1.50. Yes please.


Thank you all so much for stopping by today! Like what you see? You can have Living Graciously delivered to your Inbox every morning - just click the "Subscribe" button on the sidebar!